“How to Puree Just About Everything” – A How-To VideoPosted: September 24, 2015
Though I haven’t posted recently, I have been busy.
I am in the process of filming cooking lessons on the techniques neccessary to puree almost every food. There will be five lessons in all.
The cooking lessons will be on a DVD that will be included in the purchase of my care manual “Making Every Bite Count”. Because this information is essential to living on a puree diet, I hope to make all the full length videos available to view online for a small fee.
Through these cooking lessons, I will show you how to modify the foods you love so you can still eat them if you are on a puree diet.
First up: Meat
Pureeing meat can be a real challenge! Cooked meats can be hard to puree because meat protein form tight bundles that need can be difficult to chew, let alone puree. When pureeing meat, keep in mind that:
- you need to start-out with cooked meat
- meats that are easier to chew will also be easier to puree
- you’ll need broth or other cooking liquid
- you’ll need an instant food thickener to bind the puree into a cohesive mass for safe swallowing
- purees don’t have to be soupy
- purees can taste great!
This video is just a snap-shot of the full video, so take a look and get some ideas!